Normanhurst has two fully-equipped ICT suites with the latest computers and peripherals. The Fibre Optic internet connection allows for speedy surfing. All pupils from Reception upwards are timetabled in one of the ICT suites to develop their computer skills and cross-curricular links.
Early Years ICT Development
Our Early Years foundation classes have a computer in each classroom with software covering each area of the Early Years curriculum with fun activities. The curriculum also covers the use of remote control toys, electronic play equipment (hoover, cookers, tape recorders).
Our Reception Classes build on learning keyboard skills and mouse control using numeracy and literacy software, drawing software, along with understanding the use of ICT in everyday life using a variety of software and hardware such as Roamers and Beebops.
ICT lessons in Years 1 and 2 build on the skills learned in Reception. The curriculum is very broad and covers:
- Keyboard skills
- Understanding and using various software packages
- An introduction to modelling
- Data handling (representing information graphically)
- Finding information (internet search engines)
- Control technology (roamers)
- Writing stories using Word and Cloud-based programs