Normanhurst uses some of the borough’s finest sporting facilities, including the Peter May Centre for indoor and outdoor activities, the Waltham Forest Track and Pool, and the Lee Valley Athletics Centre that was used as an Olympic training venue.
The PE programme is designed to promote physical activity and incorporate the thinking involved in making decisions, selecting, refining judging and adapting movement. Through our programme pupils are encouraged to develop physical competence in a broad range of activities as well as personal qualities of commitment, fairness and enthusiasm.
Key achievements include:
- Mastering basic movements including running, jumping, throwing and catching and beginning to apply these in a range of activities.
- Swimming competently and being confident in water.
- Developing balance, agility and coordination and develop fundamental movement skills.
- Increasing confidence and competence in a broad range of physical activities and challenging situations.
- Ball skills – receiving and throwing
- Racket skills – hitting and batting
- Athletics – running, jumping, agility, balance and coordination