Normanhurst School is a privately-owned independent Infant, Junior and Senior School in North Chingford, on the borders of Essex and London. We offer a high standard of education in a happy, secure and friendly environment.
Normanhurst is a school that caters for 245 girls and boys in the Early Years from 2½ to 5, Juniors from 5 to 11 and Seniors from 11 to 16. We have small class sizes with a high teacher to pupil ratio and offer a more personalised education.
Choose a better school for your child
Our next Open Days will be held on the evening of Thursday 9 October for Juniors and Seniors and on the morning of Friday 10 October for EYFS. Alternatively please contact us for a personal tour and chat with the Headmistress. Check for availability of places here.
Two Normanhurst pupils, Khush Patel and James Peterson have won prizes in the prestigious 4th Plinth Art Competition. Read more here... Read the Guardian article here
Saturday Multi-Sports Clubs started at Coopersale Hall School in April - see here for more information and booking details.
- Normanhurst Inter-House Photography Competition information available in our Events section.
- Read about Year 9's trip to Bletchley Park and our Gifted and Talented Group's visit to the House of Commons to meet Mr Iain Duncan Smith here.
- Outstanding Early Years Inspection Report available here.
- Oak-Tree Ball - Feature and Pictures in West Essex Life Magazine click here
- Thursday 10 July
- 12.00 End of Term
- Friday 11 July
- Summer Holiday Courses begin on Monday 14 July and run to Friday 22 August
Full details and booking form here
We tweet regularly about events inside and outside school.
For the latest news and information please click the link on the right hand side or search for @NormanhurstSch or @OaktreeSchools.