The Year 10 careers programme culminated in the annual careers and mock interview day on Friday 6 July 2018. The day consisted of two parts. In the morning, the pupils had the opportunity to listen to seasoned professionals who introduced them to their respective professions. The speakers were:
- Sam Harmon (Barclays, Finance)
- Paul Newman (Daily Mail, Journalism)
- Han Newman (Loughborough University, Psychology)
- Sinead Greenaway (UKTV, Media)
- Siena Reed (Just So, Creative Design)
After the morning sessions, the pupils and the speakers were treated to a drinks reception and lunch, hosted by Mrs Huxford.
In the afternoon, the pupils were each subjected to a 30 minute interview, during which they had to talk about their ambitions, interests and involvement in everyday school life.
The interview panel was very impressed with our pupils and gave them some constructive feedback at the end of the session. The Year 10 group, soon to be in Year 11, has gained valuable experience in how to conduct themselves in a formal interview scenario, an experience which will be extremely useful for the imminent sixth form application process. The Year 10 pupils would like to thank everybody who made the day possible:
- Mr Botha for organising the event.
- Our guest speakers and the interview panel, who took time out of their busy schedules to spend the day with us.
- Mrs Huxford, Mrs Houssein and Ms Harmon for a wonderful drinks reception.
- Mr Holder and his team for organising the venues.
- Paul, Nikky and the kitchen team for a wonderful lunch and all the other catering arrangements.