Exciting new development coming to Normanhurst School.
Normanhurst gained approval over recent months for an ambitious project at the rear of the ‘new building’ that will be ready for the start of the next academic year.
This is a large project that sees some considerable investment in the fabric of the school that will, over time, benefit all of the pupils at Normanhurst. Over the course of the summer break the following will take place:
- Build a Graphics Studio over the current Changing Rooms
- Build a multi-purpose Music Room/Classroom over the rear car park
- Switch the Changing Rooms and Toilets to provide better toilet facilities for the pupils accessible directly from the playground, with new internal Changing Rooms
- Provide more Art and Design Technology storage
- Provide a new Drama office/resource area
- Provide a new PE/Games office/resource area
- Create a new peripatetic support room
- Create a new locker/bag storage room
The bulk of the development will see a building in the air space over the rear car park. This is a very tight schedule and although the builders will be working six days each week throughout the summer break, there is a risk that the building will not be totally complete by the time we return to school in September. However, given the additional benefits that the development will bring, we consider that this is a risk worth taking.