Giving your child a little bit extra
Why does Normanhurst have a Parents’ Association?
The Parents’ Association is here to enhance every Normanhurst child’s school experience by giving them a little extra. We raise money to provide additional resources that make your child’s time at school fun and give pupils, teachers and parents a sense of pride of being a part of the Normanhurst community.
We want to hear your views about the work of the NSPA, so look out for the parent’s association survey that will be sent to you in the near future.
Who are we?
The Parents’ Association Committee members 2018-2019 are:
|Parents’ Association 2018 – 2019|
|Nicola Pitney Hall|
What do we do?
We support Normanhurst students’ learning by providing additional resources that enriches their school experience. We organise and co-ordinate fundraising events such as the summer barbecue, race night, bingo evening, junior disco, pancake races and second-hand uniform sales.
What do we spend our money on?
So far this school year we have agreed the following expenditure:
- Projector, screen, and surround sound, for the school hall
- Drapes for the school hall
- Funding towards both Christmas presents for the Junior School, and drinks and chocolates for the Senior School’s Christmas meal
The Oak-Tree Group
From time to time, all three Oak-Tree schools’ Parents’ Associations join together for major events. We recently hosted a firework display for over 900 children and held a highly-successful black tie Summer Ball for all parents with children at the four schools.
How can you become involved?
We want you to become involved; below are just a few examples of how you can support the NSPA’s fundraising activities:
- Attend organised fund raising events that take place throughout the year; they are fun and informal way of meeting other parents and being a part of the Normanhurst community.
- Provide uniform items that your child has outgrown for the second hand uniform sales. The sale of these items raises money for the school.
- Volunteer to help with the fundraising events, run a stall or provide items to sell or raffle.
- Become a member of the Parents’ Association committee, we always welcome new members.
We would be delighted if you were able to share your ideas of new ways to raise funds for the school.
Where and when does the Parents’ Association meet?
The meetings take place every half term, in the school hall, and are announced on the school calendar.
Take this opportunity to be a part of the school community and ensure your child benefits from a little bit extra. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.